This is the first in a new series of repertoire books for the English (or “pendant”) ocarina. It aims to provide music for those who have moved beyond the initial learning stages, for concert performance and to show that the English ocarina is indeed a viable instrument – and not, as some have suggested, a mere toy.
The music in this book is playable on any 5 or 6 hole ocarina, although there is no reason why it can’t be played on other styles of ocarina, such as the “sweet potato”, which has a much larger range. It consistently uses the same keys and notation developed by Ocarina Workshop for the Langley concert ocarina, which will be familiar to anyone who has completed their course books.
Starting with traditional folk songs from around the world, the book moves through famous classical solos and duets, ending with a complete arrangement of Mozart’s famous Eine Kleine Nachtmusik suite.
Arrangements In This Book
- All Through The Night
- Down by the Sally Gardens
- Bear Dance (duet)
- Amazing Grace (duet)
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Shortnin’ Bread
- Hej Sokoły
- Korobeiniki (duet)
- The Prince of Denmark’s March (Trumpet Voluntary) – Clarke
- Rondeau L’Agreable – Marais
- Prelude from Te Deum – Charpentier (duet)
- Morning from Peer Gynt – Grieg (duet)
- Rondeau from Fanfares – Mouret (duet)
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Allegro, Romanze, Minuet, Rondo) – Mozart (duet)